A healthy lawn or garden starts with knowing the condition of your soil. The Soil Test Kit Self-Mailer provides you with everything you need to make the process easy. Simply place one cup of your soil in the plastic bag provided, place the postage paid envelope in a mailbox and within 2 weeks via an email link you will receive a custom fertilization program to meet the needs of your plants For more information, go to https://homesoiltest.msu.edu
What soil test results/fertilizer information will you receive?
- Soil texture
- pH value
- Nutrient levels for phosphorus (P), potassium (K), calcium (Ca), and magnesium (Mg)
- The soil organic matter (OM) level
- Personalized recommendations for fertilizer and any needed pH modifications
- Contact the MSU Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab if you would like to run additional tests: soiltesting.msu.edu
The Soil Test Self-Mailer package includes:
- Soil sample bag
- Postage-paid mailing envelope
- Only one sample can be submitted with one mailer
Purchase of this product, does not include testing
for soil contaminants
(e.g. lead, arsenic, pesticides) or water contaminants
(e.g. harmful bacteria). For more information about these tests, please contact the MSU Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (517-355-0218).